In Person Sunday Worship, Live video Worship, or Recorded Worship
We will begin in-person Worship at Beacon United Church on July 12th. We will also continue to offer on-line worship for those who prefer as well as our regular recorded version on Facebook and our website.
There are protocols for those wishing to attend in-person Worship
Protocols for re-opening of Beacon’s in-person Worship Service
We are pleased to announce that on Sunday, July 12th at 10 am Beacon United Church will re-open for in-person worship services. We realize that many of our worshipping congregation may not feel comfortable returning to in-person worship at this time. In order to support the needs of our entire Beacon community, we will continue to offer on-line worship for those who prefer. We encourage you to choose the option that is most comfortable for you.
In order to make the transition to in-person worship as safe as possible for everyone, you are asked to adhere to the following protocols.
- Self-Evaluation signs are posted on all outside entrance doors directing individuals NOT to enter the building if they have answered “yes” to any of the questions on the Self-Evaluation Form.
- Every person entering the building MUST sign in with the date, time, name, and contact information. This is to ensure contact tracing can be achieved in case of an outbreak. Sign in stations are set up at each entrance.
- Social distancing protocols, requiring 6 feet between individuals, must be adhered to both inside and outside the church.
- Spray disinfectant and paper towels are provided in all washrooms. Anyone using the washrooms is to sanitize after each use with the materials and instructions provided.
- All worshipers are asked to wait outside the sanctuary doors, maintaining social distancing until admitted by the assigned greeter. Entry is by the sanctuary door ONLY.
- Hand sanitizer is provided at the entrance and all worshippers are asked to sanitize their hands upon entering.
- Wearing a non-medical mask is recommended. Homemade masks, donated by members, will be available at the entrance. Upon leaving, please place your used mask in the container marked, “Used Masks for Laundry.”
- Prayer requests are to be prepared in advance and placed in our prayer jar upon entry. Pens and paper will NOT be available to write out requests.
- Offerings can be placed in the offering plates located in the entryway. Offering plates will not be passed during the service.
- Upon entering the building worshippers will be escorted to their seats by ushers. Please follow the usher to your seat maintaining the required 6-foot distance.
- You are asked to sit in marked seats ONLY and to remain 6 feet away from other worshippers.
- There will be NO congregational singing during the service.
- At the end of service, worshippers are asked to remain seated until they are instructed to leave by the exit indicated to them. There will be NO coffee or social gathering following the worship.
Please help us ensure the safest possible environment for all our worshippers, by adhering to these protocols.
For further information, please contact:
Beacon United Church
25 Beacon St Yarmouth N.S.
Telephone – 902-742- 4320
Email – email@example.com
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/BeaconUnitedChurch/
Website – www.beaconunited.org